Slender Man, translated as Slender Man: Nightmare Without A Face in Portuguese, is an 2018 American supernatural horror film being developed by Screen Gems, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures, and Eric 'Victor Surge' Knudsen.
In May 2016, Mythology Entertainment, Madhouse Entertainment, and No Dream Entertainment acquired the media rights to Slender Man. It was later sold to Screen Gems, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures. In late 2016, it was announced that David Birke would be making the script for the movie. On January 4th, 2017, it was announced by Deadline Hollywood that Sylvain White would be directing the film. Additionally, Deadline stated that filming was set to begin by spring 2017. The film is scheduled to be released in May 2018
On May 23rd, 2017, the film's main cast and release date was revealed. 
On May 29th, 2017, it was revealed by The Boston Globe that the film will be shooting in Boston, Massachusetts. It was also revealed that shooting will run from June 19 to July 28. 
In August 2017, it was announced Spanish actor Javier Botet were to play Slender Man.
An official poster for the film was released on January 2nd, 2018. The official teaser trailer was released the next day.
- Slender Man - The faceless main antagonist of the film, played by Javier Botet. 
- Wren - The main protagonist of the film. Played by Joey King. 
- Mr. Jensen - An alcoholic, emotionally defeated father; played by Kevin Chapman. 
- Hallie - Role TBA; played by Julia Goldani Telles 
- Chloe - Role TBA; played by Jaz Sinclair. 
- Tom - Role TBA; played by Alex Fitzalan 
Terror strikes when four teenage girls in a small town perform a ritual to debunk the lore of a tall, thin, horrifying figure known as the Slender Man. They soon fear that the legend is true when one of them suddenly goes missing.
Similarities to other Slender Man media Edit
- In the trailer, the sound of an ominous bell plays several times throughout. This is very similar, if not coincidental, to the sound of drums playing in the distance in both Slender and Slender: The Arrival.
- One of the shots shows a woman looking at a room full of drawings of Slender Man, another shot shows a little girl writing "HIM". These exact tropes were exhibited by the Slender: The Arrival character, Kate, in addition to MarbleHornets character, Alex Kralie.