Mansion is the fourth map of the Slenderman's Shadow series. It was released on September 8, 2012.
You play as a old man indicated by the brief plot you receive at the loading screen, the plot talks about a man who was stalked by the Slenderman for years, who eventually fell into a coma due to Slender Sickness a sickness only the Slenderman can provide, while laying in a hospital motionless and unconscious in the coma, he dreams of his childhood home. However he is not alone, the Slenderman has followed him once again, but this time into his dream. The player is in a large mansion, and the goal is to collect 12 mementos and escape the mansion before Slender Man captures the player.
There are two keys to unlock different sectors of the Mansion, more acuratly the 2nd floor and basement areas of the Mansion. If the player can collect 10 or more mementos, a "drunk mode" is unlocked; the playing style is similar to that of Amnesia: The Dark Descent (when the player starts to lose mental health) in the sense every movement you make, will cause the screen to blur.
In the Unity remake, you don't need keys: the doors are all open at the beginning.
Marble Head Statue
Box of Washing Powder
A Pot Plant
- Mansion is the first map in the Slenderman's Shadow series to have multiple floors.
- At 12 items this game has the most items out of all other Slenderman's Shadow maps.
- Slender Man has a graphical improvement in this map. Now, he will sometimes have tentacles mounted on his back when seen. The more mementos collected, the more tentacles he has, displaying his aggressive behavior. Which is a nice nod to the original slender myth.
- There can be a maximum of 8 tentacles on Slendermans back.
- If you see slender very early in the game he won't have any tentacles sprouting from his back. This includes if he captures you on a small amount of mementos.
- Other notable features to the new Slenderman model is he now has long outstretched fingers and hands, he happens to be much taller just barely fitting through the door frame and both his legs and arms are much longer.
- This is the first character which has been confirmed to be infected with slender sickness.
- This is the first Slender Man game in the Slenderman's Shadow series that Slenderman no longer slides and moves, he could only teleport from place to place in the map. The previous maps were eventually fixed on that issue.
- This is the first Slender Man game in the Slenderman's Shadow series to have sound effects other than the notes being gathered, footsteps and the "startling" noise, being the thunder in the background from the beginning of the game (indicating that there is a storm).
- The map is set somewhere in Germany indicated by the Nazi Germany eagles and swastikas above the doors. Slenderman has also been thought to be first heard of in Germany.
- This could possibly hint to the players age and what time he grew up in. This could mean he is probally currently in his 50's or 60's
- This is the second map to introduce glow sticks.
- In this version of Slender, you have to collect Mementos/Memories from your childhood. Which has given rise that the entire map is actually a dream caused by "Slender Sickness".
- When you die, you will hear a beep flat-line. This indicates that the player dies in real life, because he's in the hospital and in a coma. The beep flat-line means that the players heart has stop beating. Due to the fact that in most Slender games, it is unknown what the Slender Man does when he captures you, it is one of the only games where it is confirmed he kills you (or assisted in killing you due to the possibility of the player dying by overwhelming fear or a heart attack.)
- There is a typo on the "You Survived" screen, where it says "Your Survived."
- This is the first Slenderman Shadows game to have a secret mode. Which is Drunk Mode.
- In drunk mode you can hear a circus theme when starting the game in Drunk Mode and this theme will carry on until around 1-3 Momentos. The reason for this is unknown.
- Even though the momentos aren't randomised, the keys however are randomised.
- Both keys are random and both keys unlock random doors.
- In the Unity remake the keys have been removed. This means you can go anywhere on the map.
- In the Unity remake the donut's location was switched to the bears location, the bear's location was switched to the cookies location, the cookie's location was switched with the washing powder boxes location, the pot plant's location was switched to the donuts location but instead of being in the sink it's next to the toilet and washing powder box was switched with the pot plant instead being at the bottom of the shelf it was on the toilet in the upstairs bathroom.
- In the Unity Remake there is no Drunk Mode.
- This is one of the four maps where the main items are not randomised. Including the original and the remake.