Hospice is the second map in the Slenderman's Shadow series. The player is a female in this game, like the original Slender and unlike Sanatorium, where the character is a male. While being chased by Slender Man, she must collect 8 pieces of paper, each containing 2 lines (16 lines total), which are eventually put together in the end into a poem called "Der Großmann". Also, the use of glowsticks are involved in this game.
- Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg (a.k.a. PewDiePie) makes a cameo appearance in this map, only to be a picture of himself. When he saw this in a playthrough, he commented on the 'handsome devil'.
- TheRadBrad, another video game commenter, also saw a picture of himself in this game. He explained that the picture was taken by his girlfriend.
- This is the first map to introduce glow sticks.
- The graffiti sentence "U MAD BRO?" appears on a wall in this map.
- On the same wall that says "U MAD BRO?" if you look closely, you can see the "troll face" next to it. "U MAD BRO" is often associated with the "troll face".
- On the same wall that says "U MAD BRO?" if you look closely, you can read "PewDiePie was here"
- My Little Pony is referenced on a bulletin board in this map.
- This is the second map to collect pages.
- This is the second map to be indoors.
- This is the first Slenderman's Shadow map to have pages randomized at different locations.
- Slender Man's model looks slightly different in this map, as his arms, legs, and head are redone.
- Slender Man can apparently move in this map. Like Sanatorium, he slides into rooms. This was later shown to be a glitch.