|FROM AN ARG OR ARE|
This article discusses content originating from the ARG or ARE Tribe Twelve and thus is confirmed to be fictional.
Characters and organizations discussed are portrayed by actors.
Firebrand's "monster" appearance.
Firebrand, "F", The Stubborn, The White King, Rogue God
Human?, Rogue God, Entity
He appears with messy hair that sometimes appears as short and shaggy, or long and unkempt, with tiny white eyes and a hungry toothy grin, and eyes on his palms, sometimes surfacing from his body.
He was revealed with the alias "The Stubborn" by the Observer via Twitter on February 14, 2012. It was revealed that he is actually Noah Maxwell from a separate dimension of time during the 11-11-12 Live Stream.
Firebrand's true motives are unknown. He originally appeared in single frames during TribeTwelve videos, but soon became a crucial and controversial character. Originally he was an agent of Slender Man, but he betrayed the Collective on November 11th, 2012 by preventing the Observer from assimilating Noah into the Collective and providing him with information on the journal of a previous target of the Collective, Sebastian Kraus, and Mary Asher. Currently possessed by Karl Maxwell, the journal contains information on a mysterious blade which is dangerous towards the Collective, and cannot be retrieved by them.
During 11-11-12, a separate Noah from a dimension of time several minutes earlier took the form of Firebrand. Noah said at the end of the video, "Firebrand...Me...Thank you." All of this reveals that Firebrand is in fact Noah from a separate dimension of time itself. On the last frame of "The Livestream Incident", after Noah said "Thank you.", Firebrand revealed his true form; a disfigured (burned) Noah, replying "You're fucking welcome". It is presumed that in an alternate future universe, Firebrand-Noah was somehow severely burned. This could be similar to how Kevin becomes the Observer, and Noah becomes Firebrand.
In the video Firebrand posted to the Tribe Twelve account, DEUS EX MACHINA, Firebrand reveals that he is no longer an agent of Slender Man, and thus no longer a proxy, but a separate entity with no right to exist, and refers himself as a "Rogue God". He hints that his connection to Slender Man was somehow broken by the actions of Evan/HABIT from EverymanHYBRID by showing a clip of an Evan-like figure with an axe. Like the Observer, he requires Karl Maxwell's journal. He also informs Noah that in the future he will reveal more information through a "gift of knowledge." The video uses many of the same elements as the Observer's videos.
In Extraordinary Circumstances, Noah attempts to open the briefcase he received in the previous video. After getting it open, Noah finds several of Milo's belongings. Afterward, he pulls the bottom out to find multiple bundles of $100 bills. After Noah mutters "I'm rich?," Firebrand appears in the doorway and says "It wasn't easy, but you can thank me later, bye for now." The camera briefly flashes to the look of and animated Firebrand. When Noah attempts to pursue, he finds Firebrand gone.
- He places a hidden frame at the end of The Unboxing. The frame says "He knows what I have done"
- He appears in the Collective group shot in HAPPYBIRTHDAY.
- He appears beside Noah's bed as he is sleeping, gathered from Noah's Formspring.
- He appears in the doorway of Noah's hotel room just before the Administrator drags him out of frame.
- He has a close-up shot in the last frame of November 11th.
- He appears on Noah's Twitter as a king chess piece, and a Twitpic of him is also provided.
- He prevents Noah from being taken on November 11th, 2012. As the Observer tries to take Noah to the realm of the Collective, Firebrand diverts him into the past, first to his own closet on the night he found the Observer's surveillance device, and then outside the hotel room during the events of the November 11th video.
- He interrupts The Observer in the video INTERCEPTION in order to tell Noah that he is fighting for him, and to provide additional information about the journal.
- He hacks into Noah's YouTube account and uploads a video called DEUS EX MACHINA, in which he is seen sitting at a table in various locations, and saving someone from a burning building.
- He states in a tweet from Noah's account that the briefcase shown in DEUS EX MACHINA is "in transit."
- He appears at the end of Extraordinary Circumstances to tell Noah that sending the briefcase "wasn't easy," and in the video's final frame, instructing Noah not to spend all the money.
- He wishes Noah a happy birthday over Twitter on November 11th, 2013. He also takes the opportunity to warn Noah that he may not be able to help for much longer, as the Administrator is aware of and unhappy with Firebrand's actions.
- He appears in a hidden frame at the end of Case Findings to inform Noah that answers are coming.
- In Milo's Tape, he delivers the briefcase (at this point only containing the money and a gun) to Milo/Mr. Scars, so that he in turn can deliver it to present-Noah.
- He tells Noah via Twitter that HABIT will be coming to visit and will be giving him valuable information, and told him to be wary as he is "a dangerous one."
- During Bridge to Nowhere, he sends Noah two text messages telling him to 'find the bridge' 'before they do'.
- The font Firebrand uses in his messages is called the OCR-A font.