Elementary is the third map of the Slenderman's Shadow series. It was released on August 31, 2012.
You play as a little girl who is walking around a large elementary school for no explained reason. The goal is to collect 8 teddy bears before the Slender Man takes you.
- The flashlight is disabled after a short period of time with the light bulb breaking (mostly happens around getting the 1st teddy bear).
- This is the second Slender game to employ the use of items besides notes.
- This is the first Slenderman's Shadow map to have an outside (the courtyard of the school).
- New sound effects.
- You can find dismembered body parts and corpses of Slenderman victims throughout the school. This is reminiscent of his behavior in the original mythos, which would include acts of dismemberment or mutilation, rather than what Slender Man does in the ARG's, or his behavior in the modern Mythos.
- It is possible that the body parts and dead bodies belonged to those who used to work at the school.
- Outside the school in the courtyard there is a body impaled on a tree; this kill is similar to the original mythos.
- Occasionally you can see flies flying around some of the bodies/body parts in the newer version.
- The corpses shown in the school include a corpse on the floor, a corpse impaled through a tree, and an arm.
- The song at the start of the level is a haunting rendition of 'Ring Around the Rosie'.
- After 7th Street was released, Elementary got a new soundtrack when Slenderman catches you.
- There are windows in the school, and sometimes you can see Slenderman on the other side (it might depend on which windows though).
- You play as a little girl in this map, although her breathing sounds are similar to the woman in Hospice.
- All of the playable female characters in the Slenderman's Shadow games share the same breathing sounds for when they drain their stamina from running.
- When you collect 8 teddy bears, you must get back to where you started the game to beat it. This is similar to after you collect 8 notes in Hospice and Sanatorium.
- All of the teddy bears the player has to collect are impaled on large knives and mounted on the wall.
- There are actually 9 teddy bears in Elementary. This was discovered by a rather well-known YouTuber called Yamimash. He was attempting to find the exit when he came across a narrow corridor, to which he went forward and saw the ninth bear. However, this bear didn't count. The link to the video can be found here.
- This is the most gore-filled Slenderman's Shadow map so far because of the blood writing on the walls, the loose body parts, and corpses.
- The Elementary map resembles the Bath Consolidated School in Michigan, USA, an elementary school that was bombed in 1927.
- If you beat the game, the poem Der Großmann from Hospice will be seen on the "You survived" screen.
- If you look closely at the tree in the courtyard, you can see that there is a man impaled on it.
- This could be a reference to the fashion that Slender Man used to kill his victims; impaling them on tree branches high off the ground.