Claustrophobia is the fifth map of the Slenderman's Shadow series. It was released on September 16, 2012.
The player is in a massive hedge maze. The goal is to collect 10 keys; 9 are fake, and 1 is real. Getting the real key is the only way to open the door and escape. If the player manages to complete the game, they unlock a mode called "mushroom trip mode". In this mode, the map has been changed into a rainbow coloured world.
- This is the largest map out of all the current Slenderman's Shadow maps. Marc Steene stated in his release on Twitch.tv that the map is 50% larger than Sanatorium.
- This is the first Slenderman's Shadow map to be entirely outside.
- This is the first map to have a person speak in it.
- This is the second map to have more than 8 items to collect.
- This is the second map to have the new Slenderman model. He will also grow tentacles after each key has been picked up, similar to Mansion.
- This is the second map to have keys appear in it, the only difference being that the keys are the items that need to be collected.
- This is the second map to have an unlockable mode.
- This is the third map to have glowsticks.
- When you are close and look at the Slender Man for too long, your screen will begin to darken. (This is the first map to introduce this).
- This map may be related to the map Mansion. It could be the Hedge Maze for the outside Mansion.
- This is the first map to feature randomized starting points, meant to disorient the player.
- The more you try to click on the door, the more aggressive the Slender Man gets.
- This map has not been updated since its release.
- In the Unity version, it has you collecting all 10 keys.
- In the Unity version, you spawn in the same place each time.