Claustrophobia is the fifth map of the Slenderman's Shadow series. It was released on September 16, 2012.
The player is in a massive hedge maze. The goal is to collect 10 keys; 9 are fake, and 1 is real. Getting the real key is the only way to open the door and escape. If the player manages to complete the game, they unlock a mode called "mushroom trip mode". In this mode, the map has been changed into a rainbow coloured world.
- This is the largest map out of all the current Slenderman's Shadow maps. Marc Steene stated in his release on Twitch.tv that the map is 50% larger than Sanatorium.
- This is the first Slenderman's Shadow map to be entirely outside.
- This is the second Slender Man game in the Slenderman's Shadow series that Slender Man no longer slides and moves, he could only teleport from place to place in the map.
- This is the first map to have a person speak in it.
- This is the second map to have more than 8 items to collect.
- This is the second map to have the new Slenderman model. He will also grow tentacles after each key has been picked up, similar to Mansion.
- This is the second map to have keys appear in it, the only difference being that the keys are the items that need to be collected.
- This is the second map to have an unlockable mode.
- This is the third map to have glowsticks.
- When you are close and look at the Slender Man for too long, your screen will begin to darken. (This is the first map to introduce this).
- This map may be related to the map Mansion. It could be the Hedge Maze for the outside Mansion.
- This is the first map to feature randomized starting points, meant to disorient the player.
- The more you try to click on the door, the more aggressive the Slender Man gets.
- This map has not been updated since its release.
- In the Unity version, it has you collecting all 10 keys.
- In the Unity version, you spawn in the same place each time.