Claustrophobia is the fifth map of the Slenderman's Shadow series. It was released on September 16, 2012.
The player is in a massive hedge maze. The goal is to collect 10 keys; 9 are fake, and 1 is real. Getting the real key is the only way to open the door and escape. If the player manages to complete the game, they unlock a mode called "mushroom trip mode". In this mode, the map has been changed into a rainbow coloured world.
- This is the largest map out of all the current Slenderman's Shadow maps. Marc Steene stated in his release on Twitch.tv that the map is 50% larger than Sanatorium.
- This is the first Slenderman's Shadow map to be entirely outside.
- This is the second Slender Man game in the Slenderman's Shadow series that Slender Man no longer slides and moves, he could only teleport from place to place in the map. This was fixed in Sanatorium, Hospice and Elementary.
- This is the first map to have a person speak in it.
- This is the second map to have more than 8 items to collect.
- This map has the second most items to collect, with 10 keys.
- This is the second map to have the new Slenderman model. He will also grow tentacles after each key has been picked up, similar to Mansion.
- Also like in Mansion if you see him very early he won't have any tentacles
- This is the second map to have keys appear in it, the only difference being that the keys are the items that need to be collected. Instead of being used to open up sections of the map.
- Everytime the player picks up a key their chance of opening the door and escaping is increased by 10%.
- This is the first map where you don't need all the items to escape.
- This is the second map to have an unlockable mode.
- This is the third map to have glowsticks.
- This is the second map to include a new feature.
- That feature is if you are close to the Slender Man for too long, your screen will begin to darken.
- This map may be related to the map Mansion. It could be the Hedge Maze for the outside Mansion.
- This is the first map to feature randomized starting points.
- Every starting point is in a corner of the map except one which is close to that corner of the map.
- This map is the first map to add a map exclusive feature
- That feature is the more you try to click on the door, the more aggressive the Slender Man gets.
- This map has not been updated since its release.
- This mode inverts, brightens up and flourises the colours of the map. This includes the Slenderman himself.
- In the Unity remake, it has you collecting all 10 keys instead of finding the real key.
- In the Unity remake, you spawn in the same place each time.
- In the Unity remake you can see pink, purple and blue waves in the sky.
- In the Unity remake there is no Mushroom Trip Mode.
- This is one in four maps where the items are not randomised.